Founded in 2018, ECHO is a 12-month online training program led by high-calibre entrepreneurial industry, policy, regulatory and clinical experts. It comprises a unique combination of five complementary modules.
- ECHO is a specialized experiential training program with the main objectives to:
Provide entrepreneurship training, mentorship, networking and funding opportunities for early ventures in the cardiovascular health sector
- Aid in transferring research innovations and intellectual property from academic and hospital institutions into the economy
- Create more start-ups in the cardiovascular health sector
Ventures accepted into ECHO are required to:
- Participate in each online program module for 12 months beginning October 2021
- Attend a minimum of 80% of all virtual workshops and seminars
- Become an H2i member and engage with H2i mentors
- Participate in ECHO PITCH 2022, a final pitch competition, for the opportunity to win start-up funding
Any Canadian-based clinician, researcher, student and/or entrepreneur developing advanced cardiovascular technologies and innovations is eligible to apply. This is an ideal opportunity for researchers, postdoctoral fellows, clinical trainees and graduate students who are self-starters and want to refine their career path in a knowledge-based economy while retaining the opportunity to work in an innovation-based environment.
For more information and to apply visit tedrogersresearch.ca/ECHO